Napoli’s Jorginho is the hottest property in Europe right now
The 26-year-old Napoli midfielder Jorge Luiz Frello Filho, best known as Jorginho is Europe’s hottest property right now. Everyone is querying about the Napoli midfielder. Premier League clubs like Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool want the services of the Italian player. There are news that La Liga club Barcelona is also in line to accommodate the Napoli star in their team.
Jorginho agent Joao Santos has also confirmed the player interest by different clubs. Santos told radio CRC as Football Italia reports, “Jorginho has done very well with Napoli. He plays for Italian national team, he is unique in his characteristics and for those reasons he’s probably being followed by many teams.”
Napoli midfielder is valued at around £53 million, and that figure may rise considering many suitors for the player. However, currently, there is no official offer on the plate as Santos confirmed.
Jorginho agent said, “At the moment though there are lots of rumors flying about. The Napoli coach and players are being approached by first one team than another, but there is nothing official. The last thing I read is that Manchester United made a proposal through [Jose] Mourinho’s representative, but no-one called me.”
“The Premier League? Everyone asks for information, but nobody has made any official offers so I can’t say which track is hotter. Napoli have the last word on Jorginho’s future, he has another two years on his contract.”
Santos cleared the air on Barcelona link-up as well. He said that Barcelona have already signed Arthur from Gremio and he plays the same role as Jorginho.
But if you consider the reports in England, Manchester City is the front-runner to acquire the services of Jorginho. Napoli board won’t be able to convince their best players to stay as they have failed to win silverware in Naples, and if good offers will come they’ll definitely be sold. Lorenzo Insigne and Dries Mertens were last season favourite, this season Jorginho and Koulibaly have grabbed the limelight.
- Gareth Bale ends Liverpool crazy run to Champions League final 2017/18
- OGC Nice midfielder Jean Michael Serri is transfer market darling
- Manchester United eyes Douglas Costa for €85m
- UEFA Champions League final 2017/18: Liverpool or Real Madrid – the game of heart and mind
- Tottenham Hotspur continue to work with their core group as Mauricio Pochettino and other coaching staffs renew their contracts
- Unai Emery was bold in his first interview as Arsenal boss
- Angel Di Maria may reunite with Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli
- Will Jurgen Klopp take his football romance with Liverpool to a new level?
- Carlo Ancelotti replaces Maurizio Sarri at Napoli’s helm
- Arsenal welcome Unai Emery to write new chapter