Napoli midfielder Jorginho eyes Manchester City move
Jorginho is Europe’s hottest property right now, and every big club in Europe wants the services of Napoli’s midfielder. Premier League’s top six, La Liga’s Barcelona, and Ligue 1’s PSG; all of them want Jorginho in their team, but Jorginho agent Joao Santos claims that Manchester City is the front-runner to cut the deal with Napoli to acquire his services.
Joao Santos told ESPN reports, “At the moment, Jorginho is still under contract but if Napoli were to reach an agreement with City, the player will go to Manchester. Agreeing terms with the English club won’t be a problem, given how big a club they are, but like I say, it depends on Napoli now, considering the player’s contracted to them for a further two years.”
Santos has all praise for Premier League champion and it seems he’s more interested in City move rather than the player himself. He adds, “City are English champions and they are among the best clubs in Europe. We just need to remain calm and if Napoli and City reach a solution, we can talk about it, otherwise, the player will be happy to stay at Napoli.”
Talking about Napoli’s stand he said, “At the moment, I’ve not heard from any of the Azzurri’s management because I imagine they are caught up with planning for next season. I hope to hear from the [Sporting] director and maybe I will go to Naples in the next few days to discuss with him.”
Gorginho has emerged as the best midfield option this season. Napoli midfielder has played every match this season for Partenopei when he was fit and available. He arrived at Napoli for a meager fee of €9.5 million in Jan 2014, and he is valued today approximately €50 million. Manchester City must be willing to negotiate hard for the player because Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis is not willing to lose his current players in their bid to dethrone Juventus from their perch.
- Gareth Bale ends Liverpool crazy run to Champions League final 2017/18
- OGC Nice midfielder Jean Michael Serri is transfer market darling
- Manchester United eyes Douglas Costa for €85m
- UEFA Champions League final 2017/18: Liverpool or Real Madrid – the game of heart and mind
- Tottenham Hotspur continue to work with their core group as Mauricio Pochettino and other coaching staffs renew their contracts
- Unai Emery was bold in his first interview as Arsenal boss
- Angel Di Maria may reunite with Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli
- Will Jurgen Klopp take his football romance with Liverpool to a new level?
- Carlo Ancelotti replaces Maurizio Sarri at Napoli’s helm
- Arsenal welcome Unai Emery to write new chapter