Didier Deschamps announced France 23-man squad for Russia 2018
Didier Deschamps announced France 23-man squad for FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 on Thursday evening. Deschamps was brave in his team selection as he left names like Alexandre Lacazette, Anthony Martial, and Karim Benzema out of selection. Les Bleus have the best young talent in the world football and Deschamps has tried to make the most of it with his squad for Russia 2018.
— Equipe de France (@equipedefrance) May 17, 2018
We thought England has the youngest squad in the tournament when they revealed their 23-man squad, but Didier Deschamps make a strong statement with a completely different squad they had in last World Cup.
France national team 23-man squad for Russia 2018
Goalkeepers: Alphonse Areola (PSG), Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur), S Mandana (Marseille)
Defenders: Lucas Hernandez (Atletico Madrid), Presnel Kimpembe (PSG), Benjamin Mendy (Manchester City), Benjamin Pavard (VfB Stuttgart), Adil Rami (Marseille), Djibril Sidibe (AS Monaco), Samuel Umtiti (Barcelona), Raphael Varane (Real Madrid)
Midfielders: N’Golo Kante (Chelsea), Blaise Matuidi (Juventus), Steven Nzonzi (Sevilla), Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Corentin Tolisso (Bayern Munich)
Attackers: Ousmane Dembele (Barcelona), Nabil Fekir (Lyon), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Thomas Lemar (AS Monaco), Kylian Mbappe (PSG), Florian Thauvin (Marseille)
The list completely sidelined the need of experience as they head to FIFA World Cup 2018. Experience players like Laurent Koscielny, Patrice Evra, and Bacary Sagna were completely ignored.
There were some popular players who also didn’t make the final list. Wissam Ben Yedder, Kingsly Coman, Benoit Costil, Mathieu Debuchy, Lucas Digne, Alexandre Lacazette, Anthony Martial, Adrien Rabiot, Mamadou Sakho, Moussa Sissoko, and Kurt Zouma didn’t make into the final 23.
But it’s difficult to make a cut into current France national side. Les Bleus have got such a quality in the country; they’ll always have to leave some of the big names back at home. Deschamps’ 23-man squad is perfect and Les Bleus fans must hope to win their second World Cup in Russia.
- Manchester United eyes Douglas Costa for €85m
- UEFA Champions League final 2017/18: Liverpool or Real Madrid – the game of heart and mind
- Tottenham Hotspur continue to work with their core group as Mauricio Pochettino and other coaching staffs renew their contracts
- Unai Emery was bold in his first interview as Arsenal boss
- Angel Di Maria may reunite with Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli
- Will Jurgen Klopp take his football romance with Liverpool to a new level?
- Carlo Ancelotti replaces Maurizio Sarri at Napoli’s helm
- Arsenal welcome Unai Emery to write new chapter
- Lothar Matthaus criticized Thiago Alcantara and advises Bayern Munich to sale the player
- Jurgen Klopp can’t let go that opportunity