Thomas Tuchel replaced Unai Emery officially at PSG’s helm
Paris Saint-Germain finally put a stamp on Thomas Tuchel to replace Unai Emery as their head coach. Former Borussia Dortmund coach name was circulating on the papers from quite some time for the PSG managerial job and today Parisian club make it official. Tuchel signed a two-year contract with the Parisian club. The announcement came after PSG celebrated their Ligue 1 trophy after settling with the domestic treble under Unai Emery in his final season at the club.
Thomas Tuchel is a German manager who has started his managerial career at the age of 27. He has earned accolades for himself in his native country after successfully managing VfB Stuttgart youth team to professionally managing Mainz 05.
🎙💬 « Je suis très heureux de souhaiter la bienvenue à Thomas Tuchel comme nouvel entraîneur du Paris Saint-Germain” a souligné Nasser Al-Khelaïfi, le Président du @PSG_inside.
— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_inside) May 14, 2018
He got the limelight when he got the Borussia Dortmund’s vacant job after Jurgen Klopp left Dortmund for Liverpool. Tuchel doesn’t have many titles under his belt except last season’s German Cup, but he is the right man to coach PSG.
His offensive style of football will suit PSG, and finally, he’ll be at a club where players won’t be sold without his consent. At Dortmund, he had a strained relationship with club CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke for selling the players without his consent. He didn’t have the liberty to choose his players and we hope at PSG, he’ll be the boss.
Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser El-Khelaifi announced Thomas Tuchel arrival on PSG official site. He said, “I am very happy to welcome Thomas Tuchel as the new Paris Saint-Germain coach. Thomas is one of the most competitive European coaches to have emerged at the highest level in recent years. It is strongly imbued with the spectacular and efficient principles that have always nourished the strength of German football, especially on the international scene. His ambitious personality, his assertive taste for forward-moving play and his strength of character are the part of the style we have always endured at Paris Saint-Germain. This style that fans of our club, of all times, have always looked for and admired.”
- OGC Nice midfielder Jean Michael Serri is transfer market darling
- Manchester United eyes Douglas Costa for €85m
- UEFA Champions League final 2017/18: Liverpool or Real Madrid – the game of heart and mind
- Tottenham Hotspur continue to work with their core group as Mauricio Pochettino and other coaching staffs renew their contracts
- Unai Emery was bold in his first interview as Arsenal boss
- Angel Di Maria may reunite with Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli
- Will Jurgen Klopp take his football romance with Liverpool to a new level?
- Carlo Ancelotti replaces Maurizio Sarri at Napoli’s helm
- Arsenal welcome Unai Emery to write new chapter
- Lothar Matthaus criticized Thiago Alcantara and advises Bayern Munich to sale the player