Ryan Sessegnon’s £100m valuation already announced summer transfer 2018/19 craziness
Championship club Fulham has reportedly valued 18-year-old Ryan Sessegnon worth £100m. The teenager is only playing the second season in the Championship and he has already grabbed the attention of Europe’s elite. He is Manchester United’s prime target, whereas club like Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham Hotspur, Bayern Munich, and RB Leipzig has enquired about the player.
The Sun reports, “Sessegnon, the first championship footballer to be nominated for PFA Young Player of the Year, is a major target for United boss Mourinho. Tottenham have also expressed an interest as Mauricio Pochettino looks to launch a fresh title challenge next term. However, Fulham are desperate to keep Sessegnon at Craven Cottage despite losing the first-leg of their Championship playoff semi-final to Derby. And they will dig into their heels for a record £100m fee, which would make Sessegnon the most expensive Englishman in history should the request be made.”
Christ Eriksen valued the same as Ryan Sessegnon in the championship at 100m football’s gone nuts 😂
— THORNTON (@HJ_Thornton) May 13, 2018
Football transfer market is riding a bull ride and it’s not going to last soon. The £100 million asking price has become a new normal for an average good player, and it doesn’t matter that the player is coming from a second, third or fourth division of club associations.
Take the example of Sessegnon. He is only 18-year-old playing in Championship with Fulham. He made his debut with Fulham at the age of 16 years and 81 days. Except the backing of some newspaper bright talent to watch list, he only has got Championship Player of the season 2017/18 on his resume and he is worth £100m.
It’s a crazy talk but clubs who are chasing him will have to deal with it. He has a contract with Fulham which runs till 2020, and Craven Cottage based club is no hurry to offload him if they don’t get their asking price.
The more clubs will come chasing, the asking price will go up for the lad. Ryan Sessegnon will be another 18-year old kid just like Kylian Mbappe to cost £100 million at this tender age. Sessegnon asking price has already raised the bar, let’s see what’s coming next in summer 2018/19 transfer market.
- Gareth Bale ends Liverpool crazy run to Champions League final 2017/18
- OGC Nice midfielder Jean Michael Serri is transfer market darling
- Manchester United eyes Douglas Costa for €85m
- UEFA Champions League final 2017/18: Liverpool or Real Madrid – the game of heart and mind
- Tottenham Hotspur continue to work with their core group as Mauricio Pochettino and other coaching staffs renew their contracts
- Unai Emery was bold in his first interview as Arsenal boss
- Angel Di Maria may reunite with Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli
- Will Jurgen Klopp take his football romance with Liverpool to a new level?
- Carlo Ancelotti replaces Maurizio Sarri at Napoli’s helm
- Arsenal welcome Unai Emery to write new chapter