Roberto Mancini finally said yes to Italy job
Zenit St Petersburg’s manager Roberto Mancini finally agrees to coach Italy national football team. Former Manchester City boss was a favourite for the Nazionale job and finally, he said yes.
Italy national team have been without a coach since Nov after Giampiero Ventura sacking. Ventura was sacked because he failed to lead Italy for their World Cup dreams. Gli Azzurri will be sitting out of Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup, and they don’t want to miss their next target – Euro 2020.
Football Italia reports, “Mancini has reached an agreement to terminate his Zenit contract by mutual consent on Monday, meaning he’ll give up on a total €13 million in projected wages. Mancini will put pen to paper on a two year deal with the FIGC by Wednesday at the latest.”
His wages will be worth €2m per year, plus bonuses in case of qualification for Euro 2020, and runs to June 2020. There is also an option to extend it to June 2022. He will make his debut with the Nazionale on May 28 in a friendly against the UAE.
Carlo Ancelotti and Claudio Ranieri were also favourite for the Italy national football team job, but they opted to stay at the club level for time being. It left Roberto Mancini to be the front-runner for the Nazionale job and finally, he said yes to the job.
- OGC Nice midfielder Jean Michael Serri is transfer market darling
- Manchester United eyes Douglas Costa for €85m
- UEFA Champions League final 2017/18: Liverpool or Real Madrid – the game of heart and mind
- Tottenham Hotspur continue to work with their core group as Mauricio Pochettino and other coaching staffs renew their contracts
- Unai Emery was bold in his first interview as Arsenal boss
- Angel Di Maria may reunite with Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli
- Will Jurgen Klopp take his football romance with Liverpool to a new level?
- Carlo Ancelotti replaces Maurizio Sarri at Napoli’s helm
- Arsenal welcome Unai Emery to write new chapter
- Lothar Matthaus criticized Thiago Alcantara and advises Bayern Munich to sale the player