Real Madrid trapped in Sevilla’s coach Joaquin Caparros mind game
Real Madrid trapped in Sevilla’s coach Joaquin Caparros mind game. We knew Zinedine Zidane has no interest in playing his first team for the second time in four days time avoiding injuries before Uefa Champions League final showdown in Kiev against Liverpool, but we didn’t expect a completely new team to face Sevilla at Sanchez Pizjuan. Real Madrid fringe team were completely outplayed by Sevilla losing 3-2 on Wednesday.
Sevilla former coach and current caretaker man Joaquin Caparros had all praise for Real Madrid before going into the game. Caparros even said, “I would like Real Madrid C or D team to come. They have a starting XI made up of world-class players, the best. The rest of their players are international. It’s going to be a very difficult game. Some of them who usually play will play, for sure.”
It overwhelmed Real Madrid’s boss Zinedine Zidane and he even tried his B-team against Sevilla. Only Sergio Ramos, Karim Benzema, and Casemiro were retained from El Clasico featured team. There were eight new starters in Los Blancos team against Sevilla.
Kiko Casilla, Nacho, Jesus Vallejo, Theo Hernandez, Dani Cabellos, Marco Asensio, Lucas Vazquez, and Mateo Kovacic started for Real. The visitors completely lacked the experience to take on Sevilla side and result proved it.
Sevilla were 3-0 up before Los Merengues gave some fight back. Sergio Ramos was definitely guilty of missing penalty to make it 2-1, but he did convert his second of the night in dying seconds of the match. Borja Mayoral coming as a substitute also gave some strength in second-half as he finds himself on the scoresheet but rest of them were burdensome.
Marco Asensio, Lucas Vazquez, and Mateo Kovacic have been this season evolution, but they were miserable last night. They didn’t show the strength as they have shown this season coming from the bench.
However, Real Madrid had nothing to lose. Their La Liga season is already over as Barcelona have been already decided the winner on matchday 34. They needed to make sure their first team squad doesn’t suffer any injury before the Champions League final and they have been able to do so.
Meanwhile, their poor result helped Sevilla to gain points to strengthen their position to compete in Europe League next season.
- Gareth Bale ends Liverpool crazy run to Champions League final 2017/18
- OGC Nice midfielder Jean Michael Serri is transfer market darling
- Manchester United eyes Douglas Costa for €85m
- UEFA Champions League final 2017/18: Liverpool or Real Madrid – the game of heart and mind
- Tottenham Hotspur continue to work with their core group as Mauricio Pochettino and other coaching staffs renew their contracts
- Unai Emery was bold in his first interview as Arsenal boss
- Angel Di Maria may reunite with Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli
- Will Jurgen Klopp take his football romance with Liverpool to a new level?
- Carlo Ancelotti replaces Maurizio Sarri at Napoli’s helm
- Arsenal welcome Unai Emery to write new chapter