Barcelona invincible dream ends with 5-4 defeat against Levante
Barcelona invincible dream ends with a 5-4 defeat against Levante in an away outing. The home side terrorized the Barcelona defence skipping past five times to go on the scoresheet. No one has ever managed to score five against Barcelona in this whole season before a lowly Levante side sitting at 15th on the table gave them a lesson to remember for a long time.
It ends Barcelona invincible dream just a game left to play in the domestic season. Barcelona 43 games unbeaten record in La Liga which dates go back to the 32nd round of La Liga season 2016/17 ends in a bitter way.
I can’t remember the last time I watched #Barcelona concede 5 goals in a game.
— Sayyi (@SayyiSharu) May 13, 2018
After suffering Champions League elimination in a shameful manner, Blaugrana suffered another major setback conceding five goals against the Levante side. Ghanaian center-forward Emmanuel Boateng scored his first career hattrick before Enis Bardhi grabbed his double for the home side.
Barcelona only shining comes in Philippe Coutinho magic on the other end. Brazilian playmaker showed his strength scoring three scintillating goals in similar fashion. Brazilian Messi was the only shining armour in Barcelona lineup in absence of real Messi. Every ball he touched outside of the box in his range he converted it into the goal. He adds character in Barcelona fight back before Suarez scored from the penalty spot, but in the end, they fell short of one goal to bring the game on the level term.
— Mohammed Ali Khan (@ZahaanAliKhan) May 14, 2018
Barcelona may have won double trophies in La Liga and Copa del Rey in 2017/18 season, but it’s definitely a campaign which will give them sour memories in years to come. Especially to those players who belonged to Barcelona golden generation in likes of Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta, Sergio Busquets, and Gerard Pique.
A Champions League elimination at the hands of AS Roma after leading 4-1 from the first leg to losing 4-4 on aggregate on away goal was already giving them itching, and after that, they have the only goal to end the campaign as invincible in the domestic season. They saw off mighty Real Madrid 2-2 in El Clasico with a man down, and here it comes losing 5-4 against a lowly Levante side.
Lionel Messi was missed once again, who wasn’t there to rescue them. It’s not only a defeat, it’s a slap on their face. Whether they admit it or not, there is something wrong with this team and they need to find it out soon. You can’t expect a Levante side to score five against you within the first-hour mark. Every time Levante marched forward, they had a goal. Only God knows where the Barcelona defensive line was, they buried their invincible dream with another irresponsible performance.
- Manchester United eyes Douglas Costa for €85m
- UEFA Champions League final 2017/18: Liverpool or Real Madrid – the game of heart and mind
- Tottenham Hotspur continue to work with their core group as Mauricio Pochettino and other coaching staffs renew their contracts
- Unai Emery was bold in his first interview as Arsenal boss
- Angel Di Maria may reunite with Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli
- Will Jurgen Klopp take his football romance with Liverpool to a new level?
- Carlo Ancelotti replaces Maurizio Sarri at Napoli’s helm
- Arsenal welcome Unai Emery to write new chapter
- Lothar Matthaus criticized Thiago Alcantara and advises Bayern Munich to sale the player
- Jurgen Klopp can’t let go that opportunity