Arsene Wenger confident about Arsenal title challenge next season
Arsenal lost 3-1 against Leicester City on Wednesday night. It left them stuck at sixth on the points table, but outgoing manager Arsene Wenger still believes that his team will challenge for the Premier League title next season.
Wenger was quick to point out that his team’s poor runs in away game have jeopardized their position on the table. He told as FourFourTwo reports, “If you look at our season, at home we have championship-winning form and away we have a consequence of many things. A lack of confidence because of a few bad results and then we neglected a little bit some games because we were in the Europa League.”
“The quality is there, the spirit is exceptional. If the team has one or two good away results next season they’ll play for the Premiership, I’m convinced because there is something special in that team that will come out next season. I’m convinced Arsenal will be one of the contenders next year.”
Wenger confidence can tell many things, but the truth is Arsenal have always been title favourite. It’s only they haven’t been able to compete with their extravagant competitors. Arsenal will be out of Champions League second season in a row. However, Gunners are the most successful English team in terms of successive Champions League appearances.
It may give them extra motivation next season to improve their games. Yes, away games have troubled them and they really need to work on it. They have registered 18 victories this season in Premier League, out of which 15 has come at home. They have lost 13 and most of them have been in away games.
If they can improve their numbers in away game, they can definitely challenge for Premier League title. This squad has the strength to challenge for the title considering the inclusion of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Alexandre Lacazette, and Henrikh Mkhitaryan. They only need to find some depth in midfield and defending unit considering their injury prone players in that department.
Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, and Santi Cazorla’s injuries have left them vulnerable in last 18 months and they need a fitter squad next season. Some spending is expected in summer alongside the arrival of the new manager at the Emirates Stadium. Arsenal need to consider former legend Ray Parlour advice of spending £250 million in the summer.
- Gareth Bale ends Liverpool crazy run to Champions League final 2017/18
- OGC Nice midfielder Jean Michael Serri is transfer market darling
- Manchester United eyes Douglas Costa for €85m
- UEFA Champions League final 2017/18: Liverpool or Real Madrid – the game of heart and mind
- Tottenham Hotspur continue to work with their core group as Mauricio Pochettino and other coaching staffs renew their contracts
- Unai Emery was bold in his first interview as Arsenal boss
- Angel Di Maria may reunite with Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli
- Will Jurgen Klopp take his football romance with Liverpool to a new level?
- Carlo Ancelotti replaces Maurizio Sarri at Napoli’s helm
- Arsenal welcome Unai Emery to write new chapter