Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane’s selection headache for Champions League final
Gareth Bale and Isco performance in 6-0 win over Celta Vigo gave Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane a selection headache ahead of Uefa Champions League final in Kiev against Liverpool on 26th May. The duo was on the scoresheet as they grabbed headlines for their performances putting pressure on Zidane.
Considering the fact that Cristiano Ronaldo will be fit to play the final in Kiev and Zidane is not going to compromise his countryman Karim Benzema, it leaves only one position in team selection forward line. Either Bale or Isco can fit in the system but not both. Midfield position is already occupied by Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, and Casemiro. It left no chance for Isco to utilized there as well, and Bale doesn’t make sense playing in a midfield role.
Una posible Gareth-Despedida del
Bernabéu con doblete incluido.#Bale hizo un partido magistral ante el #CeltaDeVigo con goles en el minuto 13′ & 30′, si fue su despedida de la casa merengue lo
ha hecho a lo grande 👏#RealMadrid #HalaMadrid #LaLiga #Futbol #Football #Soccer pic.twitter.com/el3XnlGvSV
— Tropa Madridista🏆 (@TropaMadridista) May 13, 2018
Zidane told as Marca reports, “It’s better to have everyone plugged in. Then, of course, it will be a headache to select the team for the final. We had a great game and that was important. We were very professional, scoring six goals and playing a lot of football. We did very well.”
Real Madrid boss also praises the in-form Gareth Bale. He said, “He is very good, he has shown that. He was good at everything. I’m happy for him, but the important thing is that we all arrive in optimal form.”
Bale scored a first half-brace against Cetla Vigo before Isco put a competition with his solo performance later. It’s not the first time Bale has impressed with his performance as he took his domestic goal tally to 15, but in recent time he has just delivered consistently. Bale was lively in last Sunday El Clasico as he grabbed the Real Madrid’s equalizer in second-half after Messi gave Barcelona lead.
Zinedine Zidane has preferred Isco for Champions League matches in recent times, but Bale is looking in great shape and he may fill in for Isco’s place against Liverpool for his pace if Real Madrid opts for long ball play.
There is definitely going to be a selection headache for Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane because he can’t take away both players time to shine in season’s most important match. But unfortunately one will have to start from the bench. It will be Bale or Isco, but both will have to maintain the team spirit for one last time for greater good.
- OGC Nice midfielder Jean Michael Serri is transfer market darling
- Manchester United eyes Douglas Costa for €85m
- UEFA Champions League final 2017/18: Liverpool or Real Madrid – the game of heart and mind
- Tottenham Hotspur continue to work with their core group as Mauricio Pochettino and other coaching staffs renew their contracts
- Unai Emery was bold in his first interview as Arsenal boss
- Angel Di Maria may reunite with Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli
- Will Jurgen Klopp take his football romance with Liverpool to a new level?
- Carlo Ancelotti replaces Maurizio Sarri at Napoli’s helm
- Arsenal welcome Unai Emery to write new chapter
- Lothar Matthaus criticized Thiago Alcantara and advises Bayern Munich to sale the player